Thursday, April 6, 2017

The Obligatory Intro Post

Hello everyone! I'm back on Blogger!

My writer life has been all over the place over the past couple of years, and I recently sat down to figure out what direction I actually want to take it. For now, I'm going to be taking a break from novel-length fiction to focus on short stories and getting involved in online writer communities again. I still have several novels on the backburner that I will absolutely be returning to, but for now I could use a break.

If you already know me, you know that I'm a self-described queer neurodivergent mess. My pronouns are they/them/their. I am always looking for positive fictional representation of all things queer and autistic. I love tales of fantasy and adventure--books, video games, film, you name it. I grew up on Harry Potter and went on to devour things like A Song of Ice and Fire. Give me a sweeping fantasy with a strong political bent and a seasoning of court intrigue and I'm there.

I'm getting back into blogging and various other social media to make connections with other writers. I got my start in the Twitter publishing community, and I miss all the friends I made. I'd love to be a part of that again, so don't hesitate to hit me up on whatever social media platform we share. You can find my links on the "Links & Contact" page up there in the header. Please don't email me unless it's absolutely necessary, though--I will probably forget to respond. Emails are for review requests and business.

If you're unfamiliar with my writing, I hope you'll stick around to read some of it! I'll be uploading weekly(ish) short stories on my Medium page, as well as sharing updates to my ongoing Skyrim fanfiction on Archive of our Own. Links to both of those are on the links page as well.

Lastly, if you do read my writing and want to kick a little cash my way, you can find me on Patreon! There are small rewards for those who back me, including critiques of your own personal writing by yours truly. You don't have to give me money in order to read my stories, but Patrons do get access to some exclusive content. Check it out if you can. My day job is baking, and that doesn't cover all the bills. Every dollar is much appreciated. You can find a link to my Patreon on the sidebar or on the links page.

Welcome to the blog, everyone--I hope you enjoy my ramblings. Feel free to let me know what you'd like me to talk about, because I am always open to suggestions.

Until next time,
Jenn.

No comments:

Post a Comment